Sacrament of Confirmation
“Now when the apostles at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent to them Peter and John, who came down and prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit; for it had not yet fallen on any of them, but they had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. Then they laid their hands on them and they received the Holy Spirit.”
- Children need to attend two years of religious education / CCD classes to make their confirmation.
- Adults that require the sacrament of confirmation need to attend RCIA. Please go to the RCIA page
- A copy of the baptismal certificate is required at the time of registration.
- Religious education classes are held on Monday for the 1st year students and Tuesday for the 2nd year students between 5:30pm to 6:30pm in St. Mary Magdalen parish hall.
- Fee: Early registration fee $100 between June 1st to August 25th. After August 25th registration fee is $125
- The sacrament of confirmation requires a Sponsor male or female whom you see as an example of a committed catholic.
- Please complete the attached Sponsor Form of eligibility.
- For more information, please call the office of Religious Education at 305-931-0600 ext. 7
“Confirmation perfects Baptismal grace: it is the sacrament which gives the Holy Spirit in order to root us more deeply in the divine filiation, incorporate us more firmly into Christ, strengthen our bond with the Church, associate us more closely with her mission, and help us bear witness to the Christian faith in words accompanied by deeds.”
Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1316