“While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying, “Take and eat; this is my body.”
Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. This is my blood of the[a] covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. I tell you, I will not drink from this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.”
Mt 26, 26-29
- Children need to attend two years of religious education / CCD classes to make their First Communion.
- A copy of the Baptismal Certificate is required at the time of Registration.
- Please complete the attached form to register the child for the religious education.
- Fee: Early registration fee $100 between June 1st to August 25th. After August 25th registration fee is $125.
- Sponsors or godparents are not required for First Communion.
- Religious education is on Monday for the 1st year students and Tuesday for the 2nd year students between 5:30pm to 6:30pm in St. Mary Magdalen parish hall.
- For more information please call the office of Religious Education at 305-931-0600 ext. 7
“At the heart of the Eucharistic celebration are the bread and wine that, by the words of Christ and the invocation of the Holy Spirit, become Christ's Body and Blood. Faithful to the Lord's command the Church continues to do, in his memory and until his glorious return, what he did on the eve of his Passion…”
Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1213